Wednesday 28 November 2007

7th of november

Today Syogo and I went to school by car but this time the father drove us. He dropped us at the same spot the mother dropped us the day before. Then we walked to school. Today i was really excited because i get to stay in class and experience how the normal japanese classroom feels like. :P In the first period was Japanese. Me, Pua and Narmatha learned Hiragana, the Japanese alphabet. It was fun learning new and interesting things other than history or something. sheeesh. The teacher that taught us about the japanese alphabet was Kanda-sensei.


this is Kanda-sensei. very nice fellow.


After that we were brought to the school library, the place was nothing out of the ordinary and truth be told, who loves the library anyways? i mean come on. So we stayed in there for a single period making fools out of ourselves pretending like we can read the japanese written books. There was no english books to be found so I was a bit disappointed. :( Then after the agony of boredom was over we went to our classrooms and had maths. For the first time in my form four life i was feeling sleepy during maths. yeah surprised i know. ;PI love maths but the teacher made me feel so sleepy that i nearly blow up my eyeballs just trying to be awake. Urrgh. Moving on, the next period was home economics and the lesson today was origamis, It was a lot of fun, eventhough my creations were looking weird and unseemingly but it was fun making things out of papers. Plus we had to do like a story using all of the origamis and glue them in the book. Of course i didn't get to complete mine. I'm no professional.


they don't look so good. ;P

At 1230 in the afternoon we had lunch and in the normal japanese classroom, it is allowed to eat in class with exception not to make a mess. And from what i have noticed, it is a custom of the japanese to bring their own lunchboxes/ "obento" to school. Most of the students of my class brought their lunchbox to school including me courtesy of my "ocasan". :) I ate onigiri, eggroll, salad, pickles, and sambal ikan bilis. mmmmm. After making myself like a fat kid i we went to the LL room for a history presentation about Miki SHS. They did a powerpoint presentation to us and it was kind of boring as we're used to it but guess what, the powerpoint culture is just starting in Japan according to a teacher who told me. ;P Oh and i never thought that Japanese school had cheerleading squads as well as male cheerleaders, ahahaha it was funny watching them do their routine in the presentation.


so this is a picture of how the LL room looks like. Pretty spacey huh?

School ended at 305 and i straight away went to class and hung out there. I talkked to some of my classmates and trying to get to know them. Networking you might say. ;P Oh and i took some pictures for remembrance.

After making some new friends i headed to the tatami room, a room where he floors are embedded with tatami matresses. They're really soft and nice to sit on. ;P Actually the reason i went to this very room is to observe an actual Tea Ceremony. A traditional Japanese custom. Fyi, i had to taste the tea and i'm telling you it taste friggin bitter. Like i'm going to die bitter. But luckily i managed to live and put on a smiling face saying it tastes good. I think they know i was lying but who cares. :P
A demonstration by a student making the green bitter tea. urrgh.

the entrance to the tatami matressed room. :P

When it was 530 I and my host student went home by foot and then boarded the train/"shintetsu". But on our way home Syogo brought me to his friend's house which is also a host student for my friend Din. The house was filled with sculptures or dolls or whatever they are called. But it was kind of scary having those faces staring at you when you enter the house. So we ate some potato chips and had milk. yummmy.
From left: the grandmother, my host Syogo-kun, Shige-kun; my friend's host, me, Din, and the mother.
Then after the trip to the friend's house we went home by car as my host's father came and picked us up. Then he picked the other members of the family and we went to a japanese restaurant. We ate sushi and oh my god it was raaw, urrgh, some tasted good but others were just plain bad. :(
From left: Syogo, me, "otosan", "ocasan", and Junki the younger brother. Oh i look so shoort. uurgh.

No comments:

Post a Comment