Wednesday 16 March 2011

Pleased or frustrated.

One of the most important events in my life took place and i wasn't there to witness it first hand, second hand or any other hand. Part of me is disappointed, part of me is sad and grieving beyond depression, part of me is angry, and just a little tiny weeny part of me is glad that i wasn't there. I hope to Allah that that part that is glad and happy i didn't go, grows into a real and full fledged feeling of gratefulness to Allah.

One of my brother said to me: "Perhaps it's because of Allah's love towards me that i wasn't able to go to that "would-be life changing event"."

Perhaps he is right.

Another brother once said to me that you have to be ready for in the future, those who believe will be tested. And this, i suppose, could be one of those tests. As my faith towards Allah increases, so does the tests that will follow. I just have to remember that in the face of daily problems and dilemmas, i must not give up and surrender, instead, i must persevere and the only One who i should turn to for help is the only One.

Cukuplah Allah bagiku. Tidak ada Tuhan selain dari-Nya. Hanya kepada-Nya aku bertawakal.”( 9: 129)

And one way of asking Allah for one's help is:

Dan mintalah pertolongan (kepada Allah) dengan jalan yang sabar dan dengan mengerjakan solat; dan sesungguhnya solat itu amatlah berat kecuali kepada orang-orang yang khusyuk.” ( 2: 45)

 Alhamdulillah. Thank you Allah for everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment