Thursday 18 November 2010

Mentor-mentee.

Sometimes i think i need a friend who is outside my circle. Someone who doesn't overlap with any of my other contacts. This is because i need the wisdom and friendly gestures of an outsider.  An outsider in this case, someone who can provide me an outside opinion that is not tainted with his/her relationship with my friends. I don't know why, but sometimes i do wish i have one friend from the outside. Like how you have a part-time job at a restaurant and you make friends there whom have no connections and any prior relationship with you or your circle of friends, but at least, someone who you can  hang out with and talk to.

I'm not saying that my friends now aren't satisfying or act the least bit poorly. I'm just saying i need an outside help, an external opinion. Someone like Carla in Scrubs who can tell you what to do and what you've done wrong or like Bailey in Grey's Anatomy who can boss you around because you know she's doing the right thing. Come to think of it, i think i don't need a friend, i need a mentor. Someone who you can look up to and help you.

No comments:

Post a Comment