Friday 15 April 2011

Of our immortality.

A few weeks ago i was told there had been a death in the family. My father's eldest sister passed away. He called me and told me. All i could do was pray for her. That is all i could have done, i thought.

And just now, this morning, my father called me, and i thought it was just a call to say hello and we've missed you, but there were other reasons. One of it was that two days ago, one of my aunts, passed away too. Again, it was my fathers sister too.

And now i'm becoming paranoid and scared that everytime my father calls me, it will only be about death in the family. Not only that. I feel helpless being here not being able to do anything. It frustrates me.

One thing that perhaps we can be reminded of when other people passes away is that how our live are just borrowed lives from Allah. We live here in this Dunya just for a while. And then, we will be awaken to be Hisab and then will live on for eternity in the next life. Just goes to show that all we can do in this world is plant seeds with deeds so that it can be sowed in the hereafter. InsyaAllah.

Death actually gives you perspective. To me personally. 

Al-fatihah for my two aunts.

No comments:

Post a Comment